OTN SAP Advisory Group Meeting #7
Thursday, May 26th, 7-9:00 PM
Crowne Plaza Hotel, 901 N. Fairfax Street
- Free Parking – Free Parking for Advisory Group Meetings is located on the parking deck behind 801 N. Fairfax Street (Royal Thai Restaurant); it is free after 6:30 PM.
- Advisory Group Meeting #7 Agenda – The May 26th Advisory Group Meeting #7 Agenda is attached and can also be accessed here.
- Advisory Group Meeting #6 Draft Summary Notes – The April 28th Advisory Group Meeting #6 draft Summary Notes can be accessed here.
- The May 12th Community Meeting Presentation with Keypad Results – The presentation and keypad Exercise Results can be accessed here.
All OTN SAP Advisory Group meetings and events are open to the public. Also, the public can access materials and make comments online at the OTN SAP Update Webpage at www.alexandriava.gov/86032
Help us keep Food Trucks off Madison Street!
The City has added 2 additional locations to the pending food truck initiative in North Old Town. These locations will be along Madison St (300 Block) and N. Fairfax St (900 Block).
The Madison Street Location will position food trucks directly in front of our restaurant.
While we support small business growth, this location is not good for our neighborhood. Parking is already limited along these streets and the the space allocated for food trucks will negatively impact residents and businesses.
Please consider how this may affect you and let your city council know!
We would like to encourage everyone to join us at city hall MONDAY APRIL 25TH to speak AGAINST these food truck locations. A parking impact hearing will be held at 7:30pm in the Council Chambers 301 King St. 2nd Floor.
- For more information about the Food Truck Initiative, or to download a Council Hearing Speaker’s Request, please visit:
- PDF of the site in Old Town North: www.alexandriava.gov/uploadedFiles/manager/info/WalkshedsForFood
Upcoming Small Area Plan meetings
April 2016 OTN SAP Advisory Group Meetings and Events Schedule
An eNews was released today – April 8, 2016 — with the April OTN SAP Advisory Group Meetings and Events Schedule. The format is rather scrambled due to an unforeseen technical problem so please find a pdf copy attached which is more readable. We apologize for any inconvenience this technical problem may have caused.
For the public, please note that there are two bus field trips scheduled in April to tour artist housing in the region. They are open to the public but the seating is limited. Therefore, if you are interested, you are requested to RSVP by a designated time to Planner Heba ElGawish within the Department of Planning and Zoning (Please see the attached April Schedule for her contact information).
Advisory Group Members who have not yet signed up for either tour can still do so also by contacting Heba. Please know that the Baltimore Field Trip may include an additional visit to Artists’ Housing Incorporated; we are still waiting to hear back from the manager but we can certainly drive by it if we are unable to arrange a tour this visit and still get back to Alexandria at the current designated time.
May 12th OTN SAP Update Community Meeting Location is Confirmed
Please be advised that the location of the Thursday, May 12th, 7-9:00PM OTN SAP Update Community Meeting is confirmed for Crowne Plaza Hotel, 901 N. Fairfax Street. You can view a list of all upcoming OTN SAP Advisory Group Meetings from April through June 2016 here.
All Advisory Group meetings, including Subcommittee meetings, are open to the public and time is allotted at each meeting for public comment.
The City, the 21-member citizens Old Town North Small Area Plan Advisory Group and the Old Town North community, began a planning process in fall 2015 to Update the 1992 Old Town North Small Area Plan. The process includes five phases, with Phase I, the Visioning Phase, completed in December 2015. Through that phase, concepts were developed for strengthening Old Town North over the next 15-20 years as a more walkable, balanced mixed use community with an array of amenities for residents, employees and visitors alike. Phases II and III of the planning process are now underway to study and test, respectively, the Phase I concepts.
For more information regarding the OTN SAP Update planning process, please contact Nancy J. Williams, Principal Planner, at email@example.com or 703.746.3858 or link to the OTN SAP Update webpage.
Edens Development Project and the Old Town North SAP
For all within the Old Town North Community things are moving forward with both the Edens Development Project and the Old Town North SAP. The final community meeting for the Edens Development Project was held Monday February 1st and final drawings were presented for community review. For those unable to attend please see the link to the presentation. [download]
The SAP committee will host three meetings on February 10th and 11th to discuss progress on the Old Town North SAP. All meetings are open to the public.
Alexandria’s celebration of George Washington’s Birthday is just around the corner… Come out and join the fun!
Edens Development Project
The Edens Group continues to work with the community and the City of Alexandria on the development of the Giant/ABC site. We have links to all of the information on our site and encourage folks to take a look.
- Draft Neighborhood Parks Improvement Plan Updates Park and Recreation Commission – Nov 19, 2015 [download]
- Presentation from last week meeting – Nov 23, 2015 [download]
- Preliminary Application [Part 1 | Part 2]
- Traffic Study [download]
Upcoming Projects Factsheet
- 530 First Street (GiantABC)
- 700 N. Washington
- 800 N. Washington Towne Motel
- 1101 N. Washington Old Colony
The city of Alexandria, local community groups and developers are working together on the planning stages. Please see the links to the Old Town North Small Area Plan, the proposed projects and the Montgomery Park Concept Plan:
Old Town North Small Area Plan
- Meeting Agenda (December 17, 2015)
- OTN SAP Meeting Minutes (Draft – November 9, 2015)
- OTN SAP Meeting Minutes (Draft – October 29, 2015)
Upcoming Events and Activities Sponsored by the Old Town North Community Partnership
- The Taste of Old Town North
Highlighting our local restaurants and small businesses
Spring of 2016
- Old Town North Farmer’s Market at Montgomery Park
Spring through Fall
- Doggie Happy Hour
Montgomery Park Dog Park
Spring through Fall
- Free Yoga in the Fresh Air in Montgomery Park
Sundays 4-5pm From the Summer Solstice to the Autumnal Equinox
A Fall celebration of all things Dog
All this and more…
For further information, or to volunteer, please contact us